At SeedTribe we value quality over quantity when it comes to the businesses and entrepreneurs we support. To ensure we only present high-quality, viable businesses we have a rigorous and competitive selection process. To fully assess each business, we ask a range of questions covering: financials, the team, the challenge the business is solving, and how the business addresses one or more of the UN’s 17 SDGs. Each business that is chosen has demonstrated that it values profit and purpose equally.
To give you an idea of the application process and what we are looking for, some of the questions we ask are listed below. Please note, investments of this nature carry risks to your capital as well as potential rewards. Read our risk warning before deciding to invest.
- Do you have a sound business model?
- Is there a big enough market?
- Is it the right time and place for this type of business?
- Does the valuation seem fair?
- What are the Key Performance Indicators?
- How long until you make revenue?
- How many years of relevant experience does the team have?
- Does the team have a well-balanced skill set?
- Does the team have the drive to grow this business?
- Do your values align with the founders’?
- Is the business model sustainable?
- Does the business address an SDG in its mission?
- What is the social or environmental impact of your business?
- Is it defensible?
- What are the barriers to entry for competitors?
- Is there an IP, trademark, patent or another factor that gives you a competitive advantage?
- What is the competition like?