Reimagining Islamic Finance, The London Summit 2019
Wednesday October 2nd, 2019 04:30pm
Annual event has become the premier platform convening a multi-stakeholder global audience interested in open and challenging discussion
Islamic Finance and Social Purpose?
The Islamic Finance Council UK (UKIFC) and the International Shari'ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), in association with Clifford Chance invite you to our annual conference exploring the social impact of the current Islamic Finance industry and the opportunity the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the UN Principles of Responsible Banking presents.
Our annual event has become the premier platform convening a multi-stakeholder global audience interested in open, frank and challenging discussions on core issues framing the industry’s purpose and informing future direction. Nothing is off the table at our Summit and as you joined us last year , we look forward to welcoming you again this October.
2019 event themes include:
- What is Islamic finance doing to demonstrate social purpose - what impact is it making in this area?
- UN SDGs – an opportunity or a threat for Islamic finance?
- Ethical investing & debt capital markets – green bonds, impact bonds and sukuk, where are we and where are we going?
- Beyond banking – what is the role for other players (e.g. waqf/endowments) in Islamic finance and can they influence incumbent Islamic banks to drive stronger social purpose?
- One God many paths: multifaith perspectives – what can the different faiths learn from each other & why so many faiths have a problem with interest?